Manufacturer had identified various skill levels within their workforce.
There current product range was overly complex, had poor drawings, and often ran over budget.
Trang was engaged to perform a design review, with the intention of simplifying manufacture costs.
- Trang was able to find a 12% reduction in material without dramatically effecting structural capacities, and general appearance.
- Many complex parts were re-designed to be manufactured from lazer cut platework.
- Many parts were standardised throughout the product.
- Drawings were presented in a format that suited the way the factory operated.
- Labour requirements were reduced by at least 25%.